Archive for March, 2012
Are you looking for weight loss solutions that actually work? Are you tired of looking at yourself in the mirror? Do you lack confidence and self-respect? Are you lethargic and finding it difficult to just get up and go, even for a walk to the mailbox? Are you ready to make this the last year that weight loss is your New Year’s resolution?
Here are 10 weight loss solutions you can sink your teeth into:
1. Eat smaller meals more frequently throughout the day. This kicks the metabolism into overdrive and increases your weight loss success.
2. Stop eating processed, deep-fried foods. If you simply got rid of every food that comes out of a package for a week, you would start to lose weight. Things that have their own natural packaging are low in calories and don’t have the chemicals and additives that increase your body fat. Apples, oranges, whole grains, wild-caught fish and free-range chicken don’t need brightly colored cardboard boxes to advertise to your subconscious mind. These foods are naturally good for you and will help you maintain a healthy body weight.
3. Walk a little every day. Park farther from the storefront when you go shopping. Take your dog on a real walk. Call a friend and walk to a third friend’s house just to drop by. Adding these extra steps can mean the difference between fitting into tight jeans and having to wear a mu’u mu. People in Europe and New York tend to be thinner for a good reason – they walk everywhere!
4. Workout with a buddy. Working out with someone else will always keep you more motivated to stick with a new eating or exercising plan. Having someone to inspire you and keep you accountable when you feel like quitting translates to a 50% greater success rate than if you go it alone.
5. Try juicing. Although eating fruits and vegetables is a great way to get your vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients, juicing them is like taking a shot of ‘oh-yea!’ intravenously. Much better for you than drugs, the juiced elements of fruits and vegetables can be more readily absorbed and ushered to the organs that need them most. A simple juice to start with is carrot, apple and celery. Carrots help the skin and heart, apples have the same ph as the body and celery is a tonic for the nervous system. There are thousands of recipes, and juicing helps to cleanse the body so that if your colon or digestive system is sluggish it can start working at optimum levels. This is a weight loss solution that you won’t want to pass up.
6. Sleep at least 8 hours a night. If you miss out on shut-eye you are more likely to consume more calories during the day to make up for a feeling of lost energy.
7. Drink lots of water. A more alkaline body will dispose of food wastes better and help you to lose weight faster.
8. 4-Bite rule. If you must eat cake, savor every bite and only cheat on your healthy new lifestyle choices once a week. That way you can have your cake and the waist you want too.
9. Cook and eat at home. Eating out is one of the fastest ways to add unnecessary calories to your daily allowance. It is also much cheaper to cook in your own kitchen.
10. Keep a positive attitude. Your emotional and mental health is just as important to your weight loss objective as what you eat and how many hours a week you exercise.
What other weight loss solutions have you tried that work?